Public Schools – ERIC NORTH
What is ERIC North™?
The Educational Risk Insurance Consortium (ERIC North™) is a property and casualty insurance purchasing group for New Jersey public schools. ERIC™ was formed as a regional joint insurance sub-fund in July 2001. It is administered by G.R. Murray in conjunction with New Jersey School Boards Association Insurance Group (NJSBAIG), offering member school districts in Mercer, Somerset and Middlesex counties the best coverage at the lowest possible cost, as well as management services.
As the Fund Manager, the G.R. Murray Division of O'Gorman & Young works through the ERIC North™ Board Members and district agents/brokers, to identify, analyze, control, finance and manage district risk, utilizing the expertise, resources and Joint Insurance Fund Pooling capability of the New Jersey School Board Association Insurance Group (NJSBAIG).
- As part of the mission statement, the ERIC North™/NJSBAIG sub-fund as a resource is dedicated to:
- Protecting the assets of the Districts against any loss which might significantly affect their operating budget;
- Take every practical measure to eliminate or minimize injury or loss to students, employees, the public and property;
- Insure the continuity of services to the students and the public serviced by the District;
- Achieve these results in an effective and economical manner.
WHAT DOES ERIC NORTH™ PROVIDE?
Membership in ERIC North™ provides eligibility in a property and casualty pooling program providing: Property, Boiler, Computer Coverage, Bonds, General Liability, Errors & Omissions, Auto Liability, Umbrella Liability, Excess Catastrophe, Environmental Liability, Student Accident, Construction Insurance Wrap-Up Program, and Workers Compensation (the ERIC™ provides loss control services not available in most workers compensation programs).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP?
All ERIC™ members receive premium reductions that reflect the economies of scale inherent in negotiating insurance coverage as one group. By forming a cooperative purchasing group, the members of ERIC™ are maximizing their ability to obtain the lowest net cost of coverage currently available.
HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?
For additional information or to obtain a quote, please contact Nancy Riccio at G.R. Murray (888-232-9262).
NOTE: Membership in ERIC North™ is based on application submission and underwriting approval.